The organization not only stands for training and capacity building (and related programs and activities) in the performing arts. It also has become a social entrepreneur by creating marketable products and programs that, through income, better the lives of its participants and the trust (revenues flow back into activities). Furthermore the Trusts activities have an impact on the society at large: directly through certain activities that target the society and also indirectly by empowering and educating its participants and other affiliates to becomeindependent and responsible citizens. Lastly, the organization operates in a transparent manner with solid structures and policies and as such sets an example (and has been an incubator) to like minded activities and organizations.
This way, te organization facilitates performance opportunities for hundreds of performers in its Performance contracts program which provides vital income for the artists as well as exposure to a broader world view.
Sarakasi has a pool of more than 100 professional artists-dancers and acrobats managed by the trust, they have travelled across the world to places like China, USA, Norway, Netherlands ,Italy, UK among others and are well known nationally and regionally. You can book them through the office. Through Sarakasi’s artist managing agency, a group of roughly 75 young artists is covered.
Our social entrepreneurship activities include:
- dancers and acrobats
- choreographies as per client’s creative brief;
- personal training in dance and acrobatics either at the Dome or elsewhere;
- hires out spaces (i.e. rooftop cocktail venue, foyer café venue, the hall for concerts, workshops and other events);
- Sarakasi negotiates international gigs for dancers, acrobats and even musicians;
- assists performing artists with their legal paperwork;
- partners and incubates new and related activities;
- partners with third parties for events